Mold is everywhere and can be extremely hazardous to the health of humans and pets. There are thousands of species of mold and mold derives its energy from the organic matter in which it lives. Mold produces mold spores. Most spores remain airborne indefinitely and can resist extreme temperatures and pressures. Molds are only visible to the naked eye when colonies grow.
Knowledge is power and just knowing a few things can help you keep a healthy indoor environment for you and your loved ones. The Facts According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, New York City Health Department, here are ten top things to know about mold!
Top 10 Facts
1. There are more than 100,000 species of mold. Most types that are routinely found are not hazardous to healthy individuals. But too much exposure or certain types of mold could cause allergic reactions, asthma, rashes, respiratory complaints or other types of mold related illness.
2. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores indoors. The way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
3. If mold is a problem at home or in school, clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
4. Fix the water leak to prevent mold growth.
5. Reduce indoor humidity (to 30%-60% ) to decrease mold growth.
6. Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
7. Clean mold off hard surfaces with water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials like ceiling tiles, plasterboard or wood, may need to be replaced.
8. Prevent condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, pipes, exterior walls, roof or floors) by adding insulation.
9. In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting.
10. Molds can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet and foods.
About Quality Maintenance & Repair Service, Inc
Quality Maintenance & Repair Service, Inc is a full servicecommercial janitorial company servicing the Jacksonville Florida and surrounding areas. We provide expert, quality and affordable cleaning solutions for large and small properties. In addition to janitorial services we also provide maintenance services such as window washing, carpet cleaning , tile floor care and general building maintenance.
Office: 904-388-8790 Fax: 904-388-8799 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Search this blog
About this blog
The official blog of Quality Maintenance & Repair Service. We are full-service janitorial company, servicing Jacksonville Florida and the surrounding counties since 2001.