It’s where you do your “business” but can impact your business
Restrooms, it’s where you do your business so to speak, but have you taken a good look at them lately? If you have less than clean restrooms customers may not want to do business with you. In your customer’s eyes the level of cleanliness of your restrooms says volumes about the state of your business. Don’t leave a negative impression in the minds of your customers or employees with dirty restrooms. As an owner, facility manager or office manager, you may not recognize the signs that your dirty restrooms are impacting your business. Most of us, especially when we’re busy are in an out in a few minutes rushing off to the next task. In a hurried state it can be easy to miss the signs that your restroom is being inadequately cleaned.
Don’t turn a blind eye to dirty restrooms
If you are like most managers you probably have an endless to-do list already filled with things directly impact the functions of your business. It can be hard to make this a priority. However, ignoring the signs of a dirty restrooms can cause more havoc and an even a longer to-do list. From fielding complaints from customer complaints regarding the lack cleanliness and employee concerns, dirty restrooms are bad news. The truth is that dirty restrooms have a dramatic impact on your bottom line in ways that you may not immediately consider such as:
· Increased employee absenteeism due to illness
· Negative customer perception of the overall quality of your business
· Lower employee morale and higher turnover
· Decreased efficiency and work output
· Missed sales and opportunities
· A bottom line that suffers
The 15 Warning Signs That You Have Less Than Clean Restrooms
1. Areas around the door handles are dirty or smudged.
2. Trash is piling up.
3. Sanitary containers in stalls have not been emptied.
4. Counter tops are wet, visibly soiled and have mineral deposits, soap scum and fingerprints.
5. Sinks have visible soil, mineral deposits, soap scum and dirt collected in the drain.
6. Counter fixtures don’t sparkle and stainless steel is not polished, has finger prints or streaks.
7. Mirrors are soiled, smeared or streaked.
8. Partitions and stall walls are dusty or stained.
9. Soap dispensers and hand towel dispensers are not full.
10. Bases of toilets have dried urine or mineral deposits.
11. Noticeable odor.
12. Dirt, dust and hair built up in corners or behind toilets/urinals.
13. Toilets and urinals have mineral buildup around fixtures.
14. The floor is visibly dirty and remains so for extended periods.
15. Air and ventilation vents are excessively dusty.
Luckily unlike other projects on your to-do list, getting consistently clean restrooms is a fairly easy process. Restrooms that are really clean, don’t just look clean they are clean. If you can see dirt, buildup and stains, you can be relatively sure that the surface is filled will disease causing bacteria. If a surface is just being wiped with a rag and floors scantily mopped the germs are just being spread around. Dirty restrooms can also smell very bad because the odor causing bacteria is not being removed. A restroom that is properly cleaned will have the following characteristics:
· A clean, fresh scent
· An effective sanitation cleaning process that doesn’t just move the germs around
· Well stocked supplies
· Sparkling floors
· Clean and shiny mirrors
· Sinks, toilets and urinals that shine
· Clean partitions and stall walls
· No mineral deposits on plumbing fixtures
Don’t ignore dirty restrooms. Clean restrooms are just easier on the nose and they are good for business. Protect your reputation customers and set the bar high with your employees with fresh smelling, healthy and sparkling clean restrooms.
About Quality Maintenance & Repair Service, Inc
Quality Maintenance & Repair Service, Inc is a full servicecommercial janitorial company servicing the Jacksonville Florida and surrounding areas. We provide expert, quality and affordable cleaning solutions for large and small properties. In addition to janitorial services we also provide maintenance services such as window washing, carpet cleaning , tile floor care and general building maintenance.
Office: 904-388-8790 Fax: 904-388-8799 Email: email@example.com
Search this blog
About this blog
The official blog of Quality Maintenance & Repair Service. We are full-service janitorial company, servicing Jacksonville Florida and the surrounding counties since 2001.