Tips to Reduce Carpet Stains in Offices
Spills happen. Especially in office environments. Trips to and from the break room with coffee and with more and more people taking lunch at their desk give plenty of opportunity for spills to happen. But what happens when the spills on the carpet have taken over as the new carpet pattern?
Most janitorial services will do periodic spot cleaning as part of your commercial cleaning. However, if spots become excessive additional fees can be incurred. Off schedule carpet cleanings are also an added expense. So before you throw in the towel and have the carpet replaced, there are a few proactive steps that can be taken to control office spills.
1. Use walk-off mats. In high traffic areas like outside of break rooms and elevators. Walk-off mats not only will help catch coffee spills but reduce the amount of dirt tracked on carpet from shoes. Both of these elements help to keep your carpet clean longer.
2. Treat carpet with a stain protector. This is a great step to prevent those nasty stain rings. Treating carpet makes it easier for stains to be removed which preserves your carpet.
3. Encourage employees to take breaks and use their lunch period. Many spills happen because employees choose to eat at their desks to catch up on work. Promote a culture where rest and meal breaks away from the desk are supported. The more the employee eats and drinks away from the work area, the less likely a spill will occur.
4. Reduce desk clutter. Sometimes spills happen because there just isn't enough room to safely place a drink or plate. Reducing clutter on the workstation not only lessens the likelihood of something falling onto the carpet, but may make your employees more productive.
5. Limit drinks, except water and food to the break room. Sometimes even the best efforts can't keep those drinks and plates from slipping out of your employees' hands. If this is the case managing behavior is a good solution. By limiting food and drink to tiled areas such as the break room the occurrence of spills on the carpet.
Ultimately creating an environment where employees want to take pride and ownership of the appearance of the facility is best. This can be supported by management taking an active role in keeping the facility properly maintained. Educate your employees on the cost associated with cleaning constant spills and the negative impression that dirty carpet can have on clients. The more partnership that can be gained with your employees the more successful you will be at preventing carpet stains.
About Quality Maintenance & Repair Service, Inc
Quality Maintenance & Repair Service, Inc is a full servicecommercial janitorial company servicing the Jacksonville Florida and surrounding areas. We provide expert, quality and affordable cleaning solutions for large and small properties. In addition to janitorial services we also provide maintenance services such as window washing, carpet cleaning , tile floor care and general building maintenance.
Office: 904-388-8790 Fax: 904-388-8799 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for something?