Moving to a new apartment or house can be a stressful and busy time. From packing, lining up moving assistance and getting settled into your new place, the entire process can be overwhelming. If you're leaving behind a rented apartment or house, most likely it will need to be cleaned in order to receive your deposit back and end on good terms with your landlord.
Many people save themselves time and increase the chances of getting their deposit back by hiring a move-out-cleaning company. Professional cleaning companies are skilled in deep cleaning, the exact type of cleaning that your old home will need to be restored to move-in-ready condition. The fees for this type of service varies based on your location, the condition of the home, the number of employees required and how long it will take to clean.
Hiring a move-out-cleaning company doesn't have to be a difficult task. With a little preparation and planning the process can be smooth and easy. Here are a few tips to help you successfully hire and work with a move-out-cleaning company.
1. Inspect your home before you contact the move-out-cleaning service. Take a few moments and walk through your apartment, inspecting it as if you were the landlord. Make note of any trouble areas such as stains on carpet, the condition of the oven and refrigerator and other areas that may need some extra attention. Also notate any damage that you find and take pictures for your records. Most likely, the cleaning company will do this as well to protect themselves from claims of damage. It is helpful if you and the company are on the same accord with this matter.
2. Speak with your landlord or review your lease to get an understanding of condition that the property needs to be when you vacate. Some landlords have stricter requirements than others. Making sure that you understand your landlord's expectations will help you communicate your needs more effectively to the move-out-cleaning service.
3. Use a reputable move-out-cleaning service. It might be tempting to save a few dollars and hire a someone who will clean the apartment for cheap. There are serious risks and personal liabilities to taking this route. In the event the person is injured or damages the landlord's property, you will be 100% liable. A legitimate move-out-cleaning companywill have liability insurance and Worker's Compensation Insurance. They will also have a valid business license. Ask to see copies of this documentation. You may also request that they provide you with a certificate of insurance that lists your landlord as additional insured. Doing so will protect you from liability if anything is damaged while the company is working.
4. Contact the move-out-cleaning companies of your choice. The company will most likely want to schedule an appointment to conduct a walk-through. You will want to be able to provide them with the following information:
5. Get a written price quote. A professional move-out-cleaning service will normally provide a written estimate that will list the price and the services to be performed at that price. Typically the estimate will need to be signed by you before any work is performed.
6. Review the quote and scope of work carefully. Reading through every line of the quote may not be the most fun thing to do but its is critical to understand and agree upon the tasks that company is going to complete. If there are things that you want done that are not listed, you will need have the scope of work updated. Otherwise, the company will not do those tasks. The same goes with tasks and services that you don't need.
7. Schedule the service. On the service date, all of your belongings should be out of the apartment-the space should be completely empty. If the cleaning crew has to clean around boxes and furniture the results will be less than what you desire. Leave the crew to their work on the service date. No one likes to be hovered over while they work. Trust that the trained professionals cleaning your apartment will do the work stated in your agreement.
8. Do a final walk-through. Find out how long the service should take. Return back around this time to review the work with the lead person or crew supervisor. This is the time to point out anything that you would like touched-up or that you are dissatisfied with. Some companies request that you sign a form stating that all work has been completed to your satisfaction.
9. Final payment. If the move-out-cleaning company did not require advanced payment, make sure that you have payment in full ready. Check with the company in advance to see what payment methods they require. Some companies will only accept payments by credit cards or money orders.
Following these few tips will make selecting and working with the right move-out-cleaning company a simple process that will save you time and possibly put some money back in your pocket.
Search this blog
About this blog
The official blog of Quality Maintenance & Repair Service. We are full-service janitorial company, servicing Jacksonville Florida and the surrounding counties since 2001.